Hi, all, just wanted to re-up this message from Mauren Zajkowski at SUNY w/r/t OLIS and Open Access Week:
With Open Access Week coming up October 19 to the 23rd, the OLIS has compiled resources and will provide brief videos on various topics that will hopefully appeal to a broad range of interests in your communities.
But wait, there’s more!
The OLIS is excited to round out Open Access Week with a live trivia contest. Test your knowledge of open access and compete for first place and the opportunity to receive a prize! It will be hosted by Wendi Ackerman, from Upstate Medical and Jon Spaeth from System Administration. Join us for the fun of it on October 23, at noon.
Live – Open Access Trivia Contest!
- Friday, 10/23 at noon
- Link: Join Zoom Meeting
Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 966 0514 6737
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aAv2OWkh8
- Authors Alliance
- Overview by Brianna Schofield, Authors Alliance – video link to be provided
- Include comments on Authors Alliance resources from our University at Albany colleagues
- Coalition for Diversity & Inclusion in Scholarly Communications
- Toolkits for Equity https://c4disc.org/toolkits-for-equity/
- C4DISC Launch Presentation September 2020 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF6teJWgjio&feature=youtu.be
- Open Science
- Overview by Mark McBride, OLIS – video link to be provided
- Real world example https://youtu.be/16sYpXa89Ik
- SUNY Open Access Repository (SOAR)
- Overview by Maureen Zajkowski – video link to be provided
- SUNY Press
- Overview from Tim Stookesberry, SUNY Press – video link to be provided
- Services that SUNY faculty can access in support of their publications
Links to previous Open Access Week presentations and related topics:
- Knowledge and transformation: diversity across cultural sectors
- Open Access Week: Open for Whom? Equity in Open Knowledge
- Open Access, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Right to Research Coalition